FEATURE TRADE SESSION
DIT’s global network - finding new export markets
Alastair GardnerTrade Specialist Chemicals Team - Department for International Trade
Time & Location
Wednesday: 15.00 to 15.30, Stage 1
About this Session
The presentation will summarise the work undertaken across DIT’s global network to assess the potential for chemistry using UK businesses to find new export markets.
The session will also discuss current activity in markets such as China and India where DIT teams are working with UK businesses to open new trade opportunities.
The session will also review past and future activities and introduce UK companies at ChemUK to DIT Global Network colleagues present at the event.
Alastair has worked in international trade promotion for nearly 20 years. In his current role as Trade Specialist for the Chemicals sector within the Department for International Trade, he promotes and support the UK’s world class chemicals industry on a global stage by:
• Ensuring that UK companies in the chemicals supply chain are accessing the support available to them via DIT’s regional, overseas and sector teams
• Promoting UK expertise at overseas trade shows, conferences and with individual key customers
• Identifying new high value markets and new opportunities for UK businesses
• Promoting UK’s expertise in formulated products across key DIT high value sectors such as infrastructure, marine, automotive etc
• Engaging with trade associations and industry bodies to ensure that no business with the capability to trade overseas misses the opportunity to do so
Trained as a chemist, he has also worked in various R&D and product development roles with DuPont and Agfa, and has worked on technology transfer projects in USA, India and China, where he also worked for a Chinese producer of lithographic printing plates in production and quality management roles.