Part of the: ‘Biobased Chemicals Showcase’ (organised in cooperation with BioVale)
Developing novel approaches to the extraction of active molecules from plant sources for existing and novel applications
Dr. Meryem BenohoudTechnical Director - Keracol
Time & Location
Thursday: 11.00 to 12.20, Stage 4
About this presentation / session:
The foundation of Keracol Limited and our products is sustainability with performance. We develop products that achieve high performance are safe and are sustainable. To do this we utilise the fantastic array of chemistry that nature provides. Keracol develops novel approaches to the extraction of active molecules from plant sources for existing and novel applications. Our extracts are effectively applied in cosmetic products for hair coloration, hair care and skin care; as food colorants and food ingredients; and in nutraceutical applications.
Biobased Chemicals Showcase – organised in cooperation with BioVale
Session Host: Anna Zhenova, CEO of Green Rose Chemistry
In this session BioVale and Green Rose Chemistry are showcasing some of the UK’s leading green and bio-based chemicals sector SME and start-up companies.
This ‘flash-talk’ session will introduce a diverse and innovative range of products, processes and services that offer greener and more sustainable alternatives for the industry.
Format of session: Introduction by Green Rose Chemistry (5mins) followed by 5 minute ‘flash talks’ from 10 further innovators:
Featured companies/innovations include:
- Sustainable chemistry intelligence to help innovative companies develop truly green products and processes for a renewable, circular bioeconomy (Green Rose Chemistry)
- Biodegradable, sustainable solutions for separating one entity from another (Starbons)
- Raw materials – redesigning basic oil properties for better performance of the finished lubricants (Nuspec Oil)
- Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol ABE fermentation as a global sustainable industry enabling large scale sustainable production of bio-based solvents (Celtic Renewables)
- Converting discarded plant biomass into a variety of valuable biochemicals, biopolymers and biofuels (Nova Pangaea Technologies)
- Innovative biomass fractionation process using low-cost, environmentally friendly solvents, namely liquid salts or ionic liquids (Lixea)
- Developing novel approaches to the extraction of active molecules from plant sources for existing and novel applications (Keracol)
- Fiberight – the waste refinery (Fiberight)
- Commercialising biosurfactants for use in environmentally friendly home and personal care products (Holiferm)
- Biobased adhesive as an alternative to formaldehyde urea resin for wood panel industry (Cambond)
- Clean and green separation of low-value wood chips and plant matter into high-value biochemicals (Bio-Sep)