Part of the: ‘Biobased Chemicals Showcase’ (organised in cooperation with BioVale)
Biobased adhesive as an alternative to formaldehyde urea resin for wood panel industry
Dr Xiaobin ZhaoCEO - Cambond
Time & Location
Thursday: 11.00 to 12.20, Stage 4
About this presentation / session:
Cambond has invented a biobased adhesive as an alternative to formaldehyde urea resin for wood panel industry. We have extended the application of bioadhesive to combine with many waste from UK foundation industry such as chemicals, paper and glass to manufacture biocomposite for construction industry funded by Innovate UK.
Biobased Chemicals Showcase – organised in cooperation with BioVale
Session Host: Anna Zhenova, CEO of Green Rose Chemistry
In this session BioVale and Green Rose Chemistry are showcasing some of the UK’s leading green and bio-based chemicals sector SME and start-up companies.
This ‘flash-talk’ session will introduce a diverse and innovative range of products, processes and services that offer greener and more sustainable alternatives for the industry.
Format of session: Introduction by Green Rose Chemistry (5mins) followed by 5 minute ‘flash talks’ from 10 further innovators:
Featured companies/innovations include:
- Sustainable chemistry intelligence to help innovative companies develop truly green products and processes for a renewable, circular bioeconomy (Green Rose Chemistry)
- Biodegradable, sustainable solutions for separating one entity from another (Starbons)
- Raw materials – redesigning basic oil properties for better performance of the finished lubricants (Nuspec Oil)
- Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol ABE fermentation as a global sustainable industry enabling large scale sustainable production of bio-based solvents (Celtic Renewables)
- Converting discarded plant biomass into a variety of valuable biochemicals, biopolymers and biofuels (Nova Pangaea Technologies)
- Innovative biomass fractionation process using low-cost, environmentally friendly solvents, namely liquid salts or ionic liquids (Lixea)
- Developing novel approaches to the extraction of active molecules from plant sources for existing and novel applications (Keracol)
- Fiberight – the waste refinery (Fiberight)
- Commercialising biosurfactants for use in environmentally friendly home and personal care products (Holiferm)
- Biobased adhesive as an alternative to formaldehyde urea resin for wood panel industry (Cambond)
- Clean and green separation of low-value wood chips and plant matter into high-value biochemicals (Bio-Sep)
Xiaobin is founder and CEO, and trained as a polymer chemist. He holds visiting professorships in the Universities of Strathclyde, UK, Changzhou and Lanzhou in China.He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a chartered chemist (CChem). Xiaobin is well known as an expert in biomaterials and the development of medical biopolymers and medical devices. He has extensive product development experience, including regulatory and quality control functions.