About this partner
“Globally Recognised Independent Coatings Experts”
Providing independent testing, product development, training and market intelligence services to the coatings industry since 1926.
We are dedicated to the quality and innovation of coatings, and to support our clients in overcoming the challenges they face in an increasingly demanding market.
Our fully equipped laboratory conducts a wide range of independent tests on coatings, before or after they are applied to a substrate. We can test to a variety of standards including BS, ISO, ASTM and DIN.
We have expertise in the analysis of: –
- Raw materials
- Fully formulated coatings
- Multi-layer coating systems
- Fibrous and particulate contaminants
Much of our analytical work is carried out with the aim of establishing the reason for problems connected with the manufacture and use of products. As well as establishing the cause, our aim is to provide a solution to these problems.
Research & Development
The PRA has a long history of helping the coatings industry innovate, whether through nationally/internationally sponsored research programmes or by direct contracting.
With our internal team of senior chemists, we get involved in the following ways; Resin Synthesis, Coating Evaluations, Formulation, Brand Specifications, Benchmarking, Raw Material Evaluations, New Product Development, Coating Selections, Scale-Up Support, Technology Scouting, Market Diligence, Process Development and finally troubleshooting/consultancy.
Classroom Based Training
We are the home of the coatings industries leading expert-led face-to-face training, running a full timetable of courses covering everything from the basics of paint to coatings formulation. We welcome and support clients from all over the world in gaining the knowledge they require.
- Held at PRA, Melton Mowbray
- With comprehensive illustrated course material to take away
- Written and presented by leading experts in the industry
- Updated to include recent technical developments
- Including time for discussion of issues and networking
- Member discounts available
- Paint & Coating Basics
- Paint Technology
- Advances in Technology of Colour Pigments & Dispersion
- Print & Ink Technology
- Radiation Curing Technology
- Professional Paint Formulation
- Principles of Waterborne Technology
The coatings industry’s trusted market intelligence provider
The PRA team, using the Irfab™ brand, produce bespoke and ‘off the shelf’ reports for clients in the paint, coatings and related raw materials industries. PRA’s long-established reputation for quality is unmatched in terms of depth, accuracy, consistency and reliability in this complex sector of the chemicals industry.
With more than 30 years of experience in providing Business Intelligence to the European chemical and coatings industry, the PRA team is well placed to understand the coatings and related raw materials market sector. PRA is actively involved in business consulting as well as market intelligence specialising in chemicals, intermediates, resins and polymers, coatings and related raw materials.
Our multi-client studies are a unique source of market data and technical insights into complex markets, providing:
- High Granularity of global market data for coatings
- Critical insights for business planning, forecasting and strategy development
- Technical insights, with in-depth breakdown of technologies used in end-user segments
- A combination of modules that best suits a subscriber’s business needs
Areas of expertise include:
- Decorative wall coatings
- Roof coatings
- Floor coatings
- Architectural wood coatings
- Automotive coatings
- Marine coatings
- Protective coatings
- Rail coatings
- Aircraft coatings
- Ace coatings
- Industrial wood coatings
- Metal packaging coatings
- Plastics components coatings,
- Pre-coated metal sheet coatings
- Truck & buses coatings
- General industrial coatings.